Wednesday, July 06, 2005

You haven't seen me. Right?



I'm just trying to head off a delivery of Tia Maria before mother gets wind of it.
You may remember that last year my Strawberry & Tia Maria Jam was a complete flop.
I'd just got the whole lot off to a good rolling boil when I realized that mother had been at the Tia Maria.
I don't like resorting to deception but the stakes are particularly high this year, what with the Kirkinch festival and Bet simpson trying to take advantage of a delicate situation to get Vanessa Paradis onto her Cake & Candy stall.
I don't know why there's all this kerfuffle over salmon pink and beige tickets. The simple solution would be to avoid using one of these colours, preferably the beige ones, as they can easy be confused with the pale yellow tickets as well.
Anyway I think that's the Oddbin's van now, you can tell by the way it veers from side to side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lesley I would just love a pot or two of your homemade strawberry and Tia Maria jam.

Do you think I would have trouble getting it thro customs???

Broonie said...

Yes, well, you'll have to bid for them like everyone else. Contrary to Wombat's disinformation my preserves do not come as raffle prizes.

As for the second question, you'd have to make your own enquiries with customs.