Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Camellia

Years ago my old pal Ian told me to put all my used tea bags round the root of the Camellia to encourage the flowers. I didn't know it then, but apparently, according to my brother, the Camellia is related to the tea plant. This isn't a particularly good photo but it was very windy today. The wall is great though. The wisteria grew next to the Camellia but now there is just a bare patch of wall and it wouldn't be so bad if the patch of wall was as nice as this bit but some years ago my dad let the neighbours build a garage not withstanding the fact that it involved knocking down half of this beautiful hundred year old wall.
Anyway the tea bags seem to work and it's lovely to see this splash of colour at a time when most of the garden is still bare.
The magnolia is just in bud. I'm told it's a bit late but then that might be a good thing since there's not too much danger of a frost now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tea plant is an evergreen of the Camellia family that is native to China, Tibet and northern India. There are two main varieties of the tea plant. The small leaf variety, known as Camellia sinensis, thrives in the cool, high mountain regions of central China and Japan. And another one but I'm just back from the pub and can't remember.
p.s that Magnolia in your picture is related too
see ya from the smart arsed bastard.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you a shilling that comment was from your brother !