Thursday, April 20, 2006

Here We Are Again!



All in all it was a fairly quiet winter here in Kirkinch. We had the usual bust pipes, blocked drains and a bit of snow but nothing out of the ordinary. The phone was out of order for nearly three weeks and that forced me to get a mobile. I haven't had one since the early days of mobile technology when they were the size of a small handbag. I hated them then and I was determined never to get one but I've succumbed like everyone else and now I can text like a young thing.

The high light of this winter was as you can see a vist from the Tayside Fire Brigade. I'd just come home from a busy day out and put a match to the fire I'd already set in the morning. When I went to put the car away it occured to me that there was a hell of a lot of smoke coming out of the chimney and when I went in to look up the lum, sure enough it was blazing like a furnace. The Fire Brigade were here in minutes and not only did they put the fire out, they swept up the hearth and left everything spotless.

No comments: