Thursday, April 27, 2006

Strangers In The Night

I was having a problem getting my wee cat to come in tonight and I was puzzled as to what was keeping her attention, when I suddenly noticed a hedgehog standing in the middle of the food dish finishing off what was left of the cat's food.
As soon as the hedgehog got wind of me it skuttled off across the grass with the wee cat following carefully behind it.
I've got two cats. They are both feral but the wee one is tame and usually comes in at night while her sister preferes to bunk up in the greenhouse.
Both cats have taken up watch on top of the coal bunkers for the night, presumably to catch sight of the strange intruder.
It's been quite a few years since we had hedgehogs in the garden and if I didn't have to get up early tomorrow I'd have sat quietly on the coal bunker myself for a while to see if there was more than one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rural tips:What ever you do do not curry a hedgehog. I tried it once and the wife left me. There is not much meat on a hedgehog and if overcooked they tend to be tough, even if disguised amid a couple of rook breasts to enhance the flavour they are simply not worth the hassle. A wiser man's tip. Buy two pork chops from the shop and save your marriage rather than steal the money your wife gave you to go to the pub. see ya Jimx

Broonie said...

Did you cook the Hedgehog before or after you went to the pub with the shopping money?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»