Thursday, June 24, 2004

Any Thane Goes


You may not know this but many years ago at the Grand Opening of The Birnam institute The Marx Brothers performed Macbeth.
My dear friend and dramaturge BR Wombat recently adapted the play and has just signed a contract for 50% of the film rights.
The play was recently performed on the lawns of Kirkinch with Wombat playing the parts of Abner P Shakespeare (Groucho) and Herr Frietag.
I handled the parts played by Chico and Harpo and I was also Mrs. De Birnam.
The part of Loretta Bubbly was played by Norma Jean, well known Shakespearian actress and Nymphet.
There was a cup of tea afterwards.
Wombat productions would like to thank all those who contributed to the raffle and a big thanks goes to Philip Marx for his piece in the Blairy.

2 comments:

Arthur Ransome said...

Yes, I think I was there at this almost-premiere and your description seems to sum it up.

Thanks!

Broonie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.