Saturday, June 26, 2004

Standing In


Now, before you start getting too used to me, I'm just standing in for the usual presenter because she's had to go in for a liver transplant.
Between you and me I think it was that pub crawl from one end of Rose Street to the other, that finally caused her's to pack in.
They're saying it's a virus, of course, but then they would. Always closing ranks that lot. Worse than the bloody Masons.
Talking of Masons, I was going to play you a bit of Mozart but there doesn't seem to be a turntable in here.
Typical!
They expect you to down tools and hold the fort without so much as a cassette player.
If I'd known I would have let Sandi Toksvig do it. She can turn her had to anything and I believe she keeps a couple of Mongolian singers under the kitchen table just in case.
I wonder if she would let me borrow them for next time?
If anyone knows how to spell her name properly you will let me know?
I suppose I could go to the BBC website but after the day I've had I just want to put me feet up with a sherry.

2 comments:

Arthur Ransome said...

Sandi Toksvig, Hyacinth.

Anonymous said...

You are about the least likely Hyacinth I ever met.

Now take my sister.... oops don't tell.... which one?

M