Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Edinburgh Nights

It's Wednesday and I'm still exhausted from my weekend in Edinburgh.
I arrived at my brother and sister in law's new flat in a leafy west end avenue about 4.30 on Saturday.
We had a quick cup of tea, I was given a tour of the house and then we set of for town.
We took the route alongside The Water Of Leith avoiding the traffic but not the bicycles.
Our first stop was Ryan's Bar for a quick refreshment and then we made our way over to the Grassmarket having decided on a French meal.
After a lovely meal outside on the pavement, a couple of bottles of wine and some encouragement from the delightful waiters we set off again.

to be continued

1 comment:

Arthur Ransome said...

Thank goodness - the cuckoo has flown off - singing all the while no doubt.

You do not tell enough about the waiters, my dear.